TABLE OF CONTENT
CHAPTER ONE- INTRODUCTION
Background of the study
Scope of the study
Purpose of the study
Significance of the study
Definition of terms
CHAPTER TWO: LITERATURE REVIEW
The concepts of sex education
The role of parents in sex education
The need for sex education
Problem of sex education
General view of sex education
CHAPTER THREE: RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
Validity of the instrument
Reliability of the instrument
Administration of research instrument
Method of data analysis
Data presentation and interpretation of results
SUMMARY, CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATION
BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
As far as Edo state is an education centres Benin city in particular, it has a large number of primary school are located in the different parts of the city, they are either owned by the government or private individuals and there are also mixed primary school for boys and girls.
Taking into consideration that boys and girls in this primary schools are being exposed to social cultural, economic problems of life. It is important to teach sex education in primary school since these generation knows what sexual relationship is all about there is the need for them to be taught results relationship.
If the pupils are now aware of what will happen during sexual relationship, that it will result to an unwanted pregnancy, which will bring about economic and social problems, this will actually make them deciate from it.
The introduction of sex education n our primary school also help in reducing of rate of social disorder in our society that is to say that the rate at which people abandon babies at different place will be put to an end.
The introduction of sex education will also enable the teachers to give correct factual information to teenagers the development of their babies, during this period the girls develop breast, pelvic bone broadens, these starts at the age of eleven to twelve (11-12) years and in the boys between fourteen to fifteen (14-15) years the sexual organs nature, the widen the chest and the enlargement of the larynx which causes breaking of the voice.
The knowledge f sex education will also definitely reduce the rate of casualty, which would have resulted from illegal procurement of abortion by quack doctors or nurses.
The adolescent get themselves involves in this act of abortion because they are afraid to tell their parents, that they are pregnant. This pregnancy could be avoided if sex education is taught in schools.
The knowledge of sex education will no doubt help in a great deal in solving the social nuisance caused by bastered children, which results to indiscriminate sexual act.
The teaching of sex education in school will help in small measure in solving wide spread at sexual transmitted diseases, which is one of government major concern today.
Sexual education on its own is transformative and the need to get the adult informed should not be left out, because it is popularly said that the understanding of a problem is the beginnings of its solution. If these concerned are well educated about the issue. The negative results of sex education promiscuity would have been half solved.
STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
This study intends to enlighten people about the need to teach sex education in our primary schools in Egor local government area. The major problem that faces the teaching of sex education is as follows;
1. Where should sex education be taught?
2. Is se education taught as other subject?
3. Is being taught in the school curriculum?
4. Who should teach sex education to boy and girl?
5. At what age should sex education be taught?
6. Will sex education help to reduce the problem of inferiority among women in society?
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
for the purpose of carrying out this research works researcher intends to visits 8-10 primary schools in Egor local government area.
The average of 100 questionnaires will be used to administer in each of the schools to be invited, students and teacher of the visited schools will also as audience.
PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The main purpose of this study is to find out the following;
1. To identify the primary roles of sex education to teenagers.
2. To enable students develop self respect and self control with due consideration for the spouses.
3. To inform the students that anytime they become pregnant, their parents will be embarrassed and their schooling will be disturbed.
4. To allow the parents to know their roles regarding sex education to their children.
THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The research work will enable the reader to understand the reason why sex education is taught in primary schools in Egor local government area.
It will also help the reader to list the consequence which is due to the teaching of sex education, and also it will enable them to be able to know how to eliminate the occurrence of such associated problem.
The following questions are formulated to guide the study;
1. So teacher teach sex education in primary schools in Egor local government area.
2. Is there trained manpower to handle the course?
3. What effect will the introduction of the course have on the moral behavior of the students?
4. Of what benefit is the introduction of the course to the students in particular and the society in general.
5. What is the perception of primary schools pupils towards sex education in Egor local government area?
DEFINITION OF TERMS
In this study the following terms are according to usage.
1. Sex: sexual act that may occur between boys and girls in primary school.
2. Promiscuity: indiscriminate sexual relationship that occurs outside marriage life.
3. Education: the act of acquiring knowledge that intends to produce positive results.
4. Sex Education: the education, which helps individual develop to the fullest his potentials as a human being and in all stage of life.
5. Abortion: this is a way by which a normal pregnancy is terminated, either by using drugs or instrument.
6. Pregnancy: the physiological state of women growth pens of the embryo.
7. Virgin: a man or a woman who has not had any sexual intercourse
OTHER SIMILAR EDUCATION PROJECTS AND MATERIALS