Statement of the problem
Delimitation and scope of the study
Purpose of the study
Significance of the study
Data analysis and discussion
BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Exploitation of students by teachers in not a new phenomenon in our society in the past some students have been physically and emotionally exploited. Student is indeed or made to work in their teacher’s house, teacher’s farm, carry firewood and fetching water for their teacher’s e.t.c.
Nowadays, it is a different thing all together, the act of selling monographs and text books has give some bad impression on the lecturers who use one way or the other to manipulate exploit the student to make own money without considering prevailing in Nigeria now.
Again students are been exploited by paying one levy or the other like departmental levy, test levy e.t.c.
In the years past, when education was what it supposes to be students were not being taxed for anything.
Textbooks and handouts were given free of charge but now the reverse has been the case, teachers have turned our school to become bookshops where buying and selling of books are made available and compulsory in the name of money in primary and secondary level.
The indigent students that have no money to buy these books are being made to fail the course because of the fact that they could not purchase those books.
Teachers also exploit the students through sexual harassment and sorting of result where the teachers are made to pay either in cash or kind.
Students are made or are no longer serious with their studies since they feel that if they are able to meet up with the demands of their teachers they will pass.
For the fact that this situation of the exploitation has been a burden to students in secondary schools and tertiary institutions parents and guardians who see to the education of their children and relations have little or no left over money with them due to the fact that the money were been taken away by the teachers in one way or the other.
Money used in the past, to train three to four people in the university is now spent on one person.
STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The teachers who have made textbooks and handout compulsory in primary school have created some anxiety and stealing into pupils while in secondary and higher or tertiary institutions have created also some anxiety a frustration into the students.
In the sense that student are forced to carryover in those courses that re monographs and textbooks were made compulsory.
These teachers go along way to prevent student from having their continuous assessment thereby making them to have incomplete results.
These have created the act of do or die attitude towards student who has been seeking ways of passing their courses. This leads to student’s starvation and also makes prostitution and promiscuity to become well pronounced especially in higher institution.
Because of this immoral attitude by the teachers, a good number of students have fallen victim of contact sexual transmitted disease as well as victims of unwanted pregnancies in our society.
This study seeks to find out the different ways student are exploited by their teachers.
PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
This purpose of this study is to find out the different ways student are exploited by their teacher but in specific terms this study wants to find out.
1. Whether textbooks and handouts are made compulsory for students by the teachers.
2. If the teachers make the students to have carry over in their courses.
3. If the buying of monographs and textbooks are used as continuous assessment.
4. How this affect the student especially the female one in higher institution.
5. If this exploitation by teachers contribute towards female prostitution in higher institution.
6. How this affects the families and to what extent the school authorities had addressed her to this problem.
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The findings of these researchers may serve as an empirical data which might be useful as a basic for decision making in matters affecting student exploitation by their teachers.
Results of this study well enlighten the students to put more efforts on their studies and avoid moving for the easy way out in difficulties.
The school administration may find trhe result of the research beneficial, as it well serve as a guide in creating a good standard and conducive environment for learning a good standard findings also it will help and direct the curriculum planning to plan well as well have much learning facilities in the way that the student outreach will be more emphasized.
The findings will be a device for evaluating the efforts of school authority towards the achievements of good studying environment.
The ministry of education may also through this findings be directed to the areas to focus attentions to minimize the speed growth of students exploitation by their teachers in our various institution of higher learning.
Finding of this research will also serve as clue to our guidance and counseling in education our female students patterning the effects of prostitution.
1. Do teachers really make their handout and textbook compulsory?
2. Do teachers fail students who do not buy their text books or monographs?
3. Do teachers use monographs and textbooks or handouts as continuous assessment?
4. Does this exploitation of student by their teachers have any effect on the student?
5. To what of the extent has exploitation acted as clog in the wheel of the prostitution and starvation of the students?
6. To what extent had school authority addressed herself to the problem of exploitation of students by teachers?
7. Do parent feel happy spending money in training their children?
8. Is sexual harassment one of the ways of exploiting students by teachers?
OTHER SIMILAR EDUCATION PROJECTS AND MATERIALS